19 oktober 2016

Finding routines

It's high time I find some writing routines now that NaNoWriMo is just around the corner. One would think I would have all the time in the world to write now that I'm home on maternity leave, but as all parents of small children knows, that's not really the case. Especially now when the husband is home with a bad back too, and has been so for the last couple of weeks. The few routines I had are long gone and we have binge watched House instead. Something that's made me want to write a hospital story, but I'm too lazy to do the needed research.

I have managed to get an hour in the morning, after I've dropped the big kids off at daycare and school and before the youngest awakes (one of the perks of not being home alone is that you don't have to wake the baby up when dropping the others off), that is just for writing. It's not always the full hour, but usually Yrla is happy after nursing and can play on her own for a while and I can continue my morning musing.


I've managed to get a lot of stuff done this way. The rest of the day is for playing with the baby, cleaning, washing up and all the other stuff that needs to be done around the house. Usually I have some time in the evening after the kids' gone to sleep too. I'm not a social as I was with the other two this time around. I don't have an "öppna förskolan" (open daycare sort of, day center where parents can go with the kids and meet other parents). We've had some play dates instead and been out walking a lot

I'm gonna continue editing and planning Nano now! See ya!

For Swedish

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar